Families are an important part of The Rise community and through the year we have a range of events you can attend, including:
- Our “traditional” parents evenings - where you will be updated on the progress of your child.
- Our parent meets - which are workshops for you on a range of helpful topics, plus an opportunity to socialise with one another.
- Also celebration and fun events - like our Christmas fair or end of year BBQ.
All families of our pupils are welcome to come along during the year and you will be reminded when events are coming up.
Managing complex feeding behaviours in ASD
Thursday 24 March, 2022 - 10am-12pm.
The session will cover:
- understanding why restrictive eating develops in children and young people
- strategies to decrease aversion to foods, expand range of foods
- strategies to manage fluid intake
- how to manage stressful mealtimes.